Friday, May 16, 2014

Grace's 13th Birthday

We celebrated our sweet girl turning 13 last month. Where has time gone?!?! Although I am super proud of the wonderful young women she is becoming, I so miss her sweet little face.

2010

2014

Grace picked a western theme to celebrate her birthday, and that didn't surprise me one bit. She is such a cute little cowgirl, isn't she? :) 

She also picked to have the party at Green Acres, my in-law's property and I was beyond excited because it is the perfect party place (It is also where we had our wedding, see more about that HERE)


We kept the food pretty simple and had BBQ sliders (I cooked the BBQ in the crockpot the day before- Easy Peasy!) and several different kinds of chips.

Per her request, her cake was 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 red velvet. It did not get decorated in quite the way that we originally had planned, because we simply ran out of time but I still thought it turned out adorable. 





 Grace had a great turnout of family and friends. We are so blessed to have so many people around who love our girls!


For her birthday present from John and I, we got her a gun. I don't know the details of the gun, but every real cowgirl needs a gun, right?

I loved the look on her face when she realized what it was. :) 


It ended up being a great party, and even her sisters got in on the fun. They were so helpful when she was opening her presents. Belle wrote down everything she got for her, and Lily handed her all of the presents. We love our sweet girls!



xoxo-Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment