Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Meal Planning 1/11- 1/25

We sat down and looked at what we have been spending in different areas of our budget, and I was SHOCKED to realize that we've been spending around $1150 each month just on eating out, and another $400 or so on groceries! That is ridiculous!

We looked through our budget and decided to stick to a budget of $600 per month on groceries, and $250 per month on eating out for our family of 5. We also decided that any money I am able to save each month under that budget that I'm going to stick in a secret account to use for home upgrades. :)

I use to do really well with coupon and meal planning, but due to our busy schedule I've really slacked off. But now is the time to kick it back in gear.

Starting on 1-11-16 our new budget went into effect. I made my grocery trips today and made my meal plan last night. I only spent $176.34 and have all the ingredients to make these meals for the next 2 weeks. **DISCLAIMER- My meal plan for these two weeks includes some meats and items I already had in my pantry and freezer** So here is our meal plan for the next two weeks:

I'll be breaking down the cost of the meals in the following days, as well as sharing my grocery breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment